Individual or Legal Entity (Company), as indicated at the time of purchase.
Physical and Digital End Products
This license permits display of the font Licensed Asset on websites owned or controlled by Licensee subject to the total allowed pageviews selected during the checkout process.
Any resale/sublicense of the Licensed Asset in source file form or otherwise competitive with the Licensed Asset is prohibited.
Embedded Use is Permitted on websites only. @font-face technology must be used.
All other Embedding is Prohibited. “Embedding” means the font file is included in the electronic document, app, or other file, as opposed to a static graphic (raster or bit-mapped) representation.
BLYTHE GREEN LLC offers separate licenses that allow embedding the font Licensed Asset in applications and e-publications, as well as a license that allows for desktop use of the font Licensed Asset.
This License Agreement contains important legal terms, and Licensee acknowledges that by completing the purchase process and/or checking “agree”, Licensee has read the entire License Agreement and agrees to the terms herein, including, without limitation Section 9 (Important General Legal Provisions). BLYTHE GREEN LLC offers different types of license agreements and the one selected at the time of purchase applies to Licensee’s use of the Licensed Asset.
This License Agreement states the terms and conditions of Licensee’s non-exclusive and limited copyright license with respect to the font software (“Licensed Asset”) made available on blythegreen.com by the Shop Owner and purchased by Licensee. The Licensed Asset includes software or instructions which, when used on an appropriate device or devices, generates typeface and typographic designs and ornaments and all bitmap representations of typeface and typographic designs and ornaments created by or derived from the Licensed Asset. The Licensed Asset item number will be emailed to you at the account email address BLYTHE GREEN LLC has on file along with a link to this License Agreement; retain this for your records. This License Agreement may also apply to digital content that BLYTHE GREEN LLC makes available at no charge (e.g., for promotional purposes) only if expressly indicated during the initial download for that digital content.
Subject to the terms herein, this License Agreement allows “embedding” of the font Licensed Asset only in websites owned or controlled by Licensee, subject to the total allowed number of pageviews (across all websites) selected by Licensee during the checkout process and subject to the Licensed Asset being embedded in the website in a secure manner using @font-face technology which does not allow anyone other than the Licensee to extract and/or use the Licensed Asset outside of the licensed website. “Embedding” a font means to include the font software Licensed Asset in an application, website, or electronic publication to be used by the person receiving or accessing the file, as opposed to a static rasterized (or bit-mapped) image of the font characters.
- PARTIES TO THE LICENSE AGREEMENT; NUMBER OF USERS (OR SEATS)
- This License Agreement is an agreement between:
- The “Licensee” who is the individual person indicated as the licensee during the purchase process or that person’s employer if that person is acting on the employer’s behalf and with the employer’s authorization
BLYTHE GREEN LLC (“BLYTHE GREEN LLC”) on behalf of the seller (“Shop Owner”) as licensor.
If you are purchasing on behalf of your employer, then only your employer is the “Licensee” and can use the Licensed Asset subject to the terms of this License Agreement; in that case you represent and warrant that you have full legal authority to bind your employer, as the Licensee, to the terms of this License Agreement.
- The number of individual users permitted to access and use the Licensed Asset (as permitted in this Licensee Agreement) is the number of users (or seats) selected and paid for at the time of purchase. If Licensee requires additional users (or seats), additional licenses to the Licensed Asset must be purchased.
Licensee may only upload, for backup/archival purposes only, the Licensed Asset to (i) a server owned and controlled by Licensee or (ii) a cloud storage service, cloud-based design app, or digital asset manager, account controlled by Licensee, in each case for use of the Licensed Asset by Licensee only, as permitted herein.
THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT PERMITS BOTH COMMERCIAL USE AND NON-COMMERCIAL USE; COMMERCIAL USE AND NON-COMMERCIAL USE DEFINED
This License Agreement permits Non-commercial use and Commercial use of the Licensed Asset, as expressly specified in Section 4 (Permitted Uses and Quantity/Impression Limitations).
“Commercial” use is any use: (i) that involves an exchange of money or other consideration, (ii) that promotes a business (e.g., sole proprietorship, corporation, or partnership), product, or service, or (iii) where financial gain or other consideration is either sought or a result, directly or indirectly, of Licensee’s use of the Licensed Asset. If any one or more of the criteria in (i), (ii), and (iii) is met, then the use is deemed “Commercial”.
Non-Commercial Use (Personal)
“Non-commercial” use is a use for solely personal purposes; any use that meets the definition of “Commercial use” can not be a Non-commercial use.
PERMITTED USES AND QUANTITY/IMPRESSION LIMITATIONS
An “End Use” of a Licensed Asset means use of the Licensed Asset only as expressly permitted below:
- End Products
- Website for Commercial Use or Non-commercial Use: Licensee may use and embed the Licensed Asset in websites owned or controlled by Licensee allowing the Licensed Asset to be properly displayed in any web browser in a non-extractable manner. Licensee must use, and this license is subject to Licensee using, @font-face for any embedding of the Licensed Asset; provided, however, that BLYTHE GREEN LLC may approve replacement and/or additional technology in its sole discretion.
- Quantity Limitations on End Products for Commercial Use: The combined pageviews across all Licensee owned or controlled websites may not exceed the total number of pageviews selected during the purchase process and stated in Licensee’s receipt sent via email.
- PROHIBITED USES UNDER THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT (these uses may be available with a different license or custom license, contact BLYTHE GREEN LLC to find out more):
- Non-Website Uses
- Non-Website use is prohibited for Commercial and Non-Commercial use. This License Agreement is limited to use of the web-font Licensed Asset for display on websites owned or controlled by Licensee. Other uses, including but not limited to desktop use, electronic publications, and applications are not covered by this font software for website use License Agreement, but may be covered by an alternative BLYTHE GREEN LLC license. Please contact BLYTHE GREEN LLC Support here, for more information.
- On-Demand Applications
- On-Demand Applications (Such as Print-on-Demand and Create-on-Demand Services). Any use that allows anyone other than the Licensee, such as an end user, to customize a digital or physical end product using the Licensed Asset (even if on a website) is prohibited, whether for Commercial use or Non-commercial use. This includes, but is not limited to, “print on demand”, “made to order”, or “download on demand” application.
- Trademark and Copyright
- Trademark: Licensed Asset may not be used as part of a trademark, service mark, design mark, trade-name, or similar use unless the Licensed Asset is not the predominant element of the End Use. In no event does this License Agreement allow Licensee to -- and Licensee shall not seek to -- register, protect, or enforce any trademark or similar rights in the Licensed Asset itself which must be disclaimed in any trademark registration. Contact BLYTHE GREEN LLC for a custom license if these rights are desired.
- Copyright: Licensee may not claim the Licensed Asset (or a modification thereof) as its own copyrighted work (the original Licensed Asset must be disclaimed in any copyright registration).
- Future Technologies
- The license is limited to the expressly permitted uses stated in this License Agreement: future-existing technologies and uses are expressly reserved and not included within the scope of the license.
- STRICTLY PROHIBITED USES. Nothing in this License Agreement grants Licensee any of the following rights, all of which rights are expressly retained:
- Resale or Sub-Licensing the Licensed Asset or any modification of it in source file form is strictly prohibited.
- Resale or Sub-Licensing of the Licensed Asset or any modification of it in a way that is directly competitive with the original Licensed Asset is strictly prohibited (e.g., as a stock asset or template).
- Modifications, amendments and any other changes to the Licensed Asset are expressly prohibited.
- Use of any technology other than @font-face (unless BLYTHE GREEN LLC expressly authorizes in writing additional technology to prevent extraction of the font software) to display the Licensed Asset on a website is prohibited.
- Making public or sharing the Licensed Asset in any way that allows others to download, extract, or redistribute Licensed Asset as a standalone file (meaning just the content file itself, separate from the project or end use that is expressly permitted) is strictly prohibited. You may not link to, nor make available online, any TrueType, OpenType or other version of the Font Software designed for desktop installation.
- Reverse engineering, decompiling, disassembling, or otherwise attempting to discover the source code or instructions of the Licensed Asset is prohibited except to the extent applicable law allows reverse engineering or decompiling the Licensed Asset only to the extent that sufficient information is not available for the purpose of creating an interoperable software program (but only for such purpose and only to the extent that sufficient information is not provided in a timely manner free of charge by BLYTHE GREEN LLC or the Shop Owner upon written request.)
- Use the Licensed Asset in pornographic, fraudulent, immoral, infringing, illegal, harassing, offensive, or defamatory material, is strictly prohibited, including, without limitation, any use of the Licensed Asset that:
- may create a risk of harm, loss, physical or mental injury, emotional distress, death, disability, disfigurement, or physical or mental illness to you, to any other person, or to any animal;
- may create a risk of any other loss or damage to any person or property;
- seeks to harm or exploit children by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable details or otherwise;
- may constitute or contribute to a crime or tort;
- contains any information or content that we deem to be unlawful, harmful, abusive, racially or ethnically offensive, defamatory, infringing, invasive of personal privacy or publicity rights, harassing, humiliating to other people (publicly or otherwise), libelous, threatening, profane, or otherwise objectionable;
- contains any information or content that is illegal (including, without limitation, the disclosure of insider information under securities law or of another party's trade secrets);
- contains any information or content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships;
- contains any information or content that you know is not correct and current; or
- promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual.
- Falsely representing authorship and/or ownership of the Licensed Asset is strictly prohibited.
- Any other use that is not expressly permitted in Section 4 (Permitted Uses and Quantity/Impression Limitations) is strictly prohibited.
- SUBLICENSING TO THIRD PARTIES IS PROHIBITED WITH LIMITED EXCEPTIONS FOR CLIENTS AND SERVICE PROVIDERS (Third party use requires the third party to obtain its own license unless a custom license is purchased)
Third Party Use Requires Separate License.
This License Agreement does not permit sublicensing except for the limited rights to sublicense described below in Section 7.2.
Limited Sublicensing Is Permitted.
Licensee may sublicense Licensee’s rights to third parties in only three situations:
- to display, market, or distribute completed websites End Use that uses the Licensed Asset (as expressly permitted herein) when done on behalf of Licensee, provided that the sublicense may only be granted on condition that the sublicensee is prohibited from extracting, reproducing or using the Licensed Asset in any other way and Licensee shall at all times ensure compliance with the terms of this License Agreement by the sublicensee and remain liable hereunder for any non-compliance. For example, Licensee may use third party providers, such as hosting providers to host a completed website;
- to a service provider serving as Licensee’s subcontractor to provide services to Licensee provided that (i) Licensee shall at all times ensure compliance with the terms of this License Agreement by the sublicensee and remain liable hereunder for any non-compliance and (ii) Licensee has purchased a sufficient number of seats for the Licensed Asset Licensee (e.g., each individual person requires a license as stated above); and
- to a client of Licensee where Licensee transfers to that client a completed website End Use (as expressly permitted herein). In this instance, the sublicense may only be granted on condition that the sublicensee is prohibited from extracting, reproducing or using the Licensed Asset in any way other than is necessary in order to exploit the End Use that Licensee provides to the client. Licensee shall at all times ensure compliance with the terms of this License Agreement by the sublicensee and remain liable hereunder for any non-compliance.
- When credit is required: All editorial use requires a credit; however for non-editorial use a credit is only required where credits are accorded to other providers of licensed material. Credits, when required, shall be legible and in close proximity to the Licensed Assets and, where applicable, substantially similar in placement and prominence to other credits
- How to provide credit: “[Licensed asset product type] copyright BLYTHE GREEN LLC”
- IMPORTANT GENERAL LEGAL PROVISIONS
All digital content available on blythegreen.com, including, without limitation, the Licensed Asset, is protected by United States and international copyright and other laws and treaties. As between you and the Shop Owner, the Shop Owner retains ownership of the Licensed Asset, but grants to Licensee the limited, non-exclusive, non-transferrable, and non-sublicensable (except as expressly allowed above), copyright to use the Licensed Asset as expressly set forth above on the terms herein. All other rights, as between Licensee and BLYTHE GREEN LLC are reserved by BLYTHE GREEN LLC. Licensee may not assert any ownership in the Licensed Asset itself nor any right to revenue from a collecting society in respect of photocopying, digital copying or other secondary uses of the Licensed Asset. Any reference to the “purchase” or “sale” (or similar terms) of the Licensed Asset refers to the purchase of a limited license only and not the purchase of the underlying copyright or work itself. As a licensee, Licensee’s ownership of the media and/or device on which the Licensed Asset is recorded, if any, is distinct from and does not grant any ownership right, title or interest in and to the design of the Licensed Asset itself. This Licensee Agreement does not grant Licensee any rights to trademark or any other intellectual property rights (aside from copyright) in the Licensed Asset.
BLYTHE GREEN LLC may terminate this License Agreement at any time if Licensee breaches any of the terms of this or any other agreement with BLYTHE GREEN LLC, in which case Licensee must immediately: cease using the License Asset; delete or destroy any copies; and, if requested, confirm to BLYTHE GREEN LLC in writing that Licensee has complied with these requirements. If Licensee uses the Licensed Asset on a social media platform or other third party website and the platform or website uses (or announces that it plans to use) the Licensed Asset for its own purpose or in a way that is contrary to this License Agreement, the rights granted for such use shall immediately terminate, and in that event, upon BLYTHE GREEN LLC’s request, Licensee agrees to remove any content from such platform or website.
BLYTHE GREEN LLC may discontinue licensing the Licensed Asset at any time in its sole discretion. Upon notice from BLYTHE GREEN LLC, or upon Licensee’s knowledge, that a Licensed Asset may be subject to a claim of infringement of a third party’s right, BLYTHE GREEN LLC may require Licensee to immediately, and at Licensee’s own expense: cease using the Licensed Asset, delete or destroy any copies; and ensure that Licensee’s clients, distributors and/or licensees do likewise. BLYTHE GREEN LLC will provide you with replacement content (determined by BLYTHE GREEN LLC in its reasonable commercial judgment) free of charge, as its sole obligation, subject to the other terms of this License Agreement.
Upon reasonable notice, Licensee agrees to provide to BLYTHE GREEN LLC sample copies of projects or end uses that contain Licensed Asset, including by providing BLYTHE GREEN LLC with free of charge access to any pay-walled or otherwise restricted access website or platform where the Licensed Asset is reproduced. In addition, upon reasonable notice, BLYTHE GREEN LLC may, at its discretion, either through its own employees or through a third party, audit Licensee’s records directly related to this License Agreement and Licensee’s use of the Licensed Asset in order to verify compliance with the payment and other terms of this License Agreement. If any audit reveals an underpayment by Licensee to BLYTHE GREEN LLC of five percent (5%) or more of the amount Licensee should have paid, then in addition to paying BLYTHE GREEN LLC the amount of the underpayment and any other remedies to which BLYTHE GREEN LLC is entitled, you also agree to reimburse BLYTHE GREEN LLC for the costs of conducting the audit.
Disclaimer of Warranties
LICENSEE’S USE OF THE LICENSED ASSET IS AT LICENSEE’S OWN RISK THE LICENSED ASSET IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED BLYTHE GREEN LLC AND THE SHOP OWNER HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON INFRINGEMENT AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Limitation on Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL BLYTHE GREEN LLC, ITS AFFILIATES OR THEIR LICENSORS (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE SHOP OWNERS), SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE LICENSED ASSET, INCLUDING ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY INFRINGEMENT, BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE. IN NO EVENT WILL THE LIABILITY OF BLYTHE GREEN LLC, ITS AFFILIATES OR THEIR LICENSORS (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE SHOP OWNERS), SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE LICENSED ASSET, EXCEED THE FEES THAT LICENSEE PAID FOR THE LICENSED ASSET. THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Licensee agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless BLYTHE GREEN LLC, its affiliates, licensors (including, without limitation, Shop Owners) and service providers, and its and their respective officers, directors, employees, contractors, agents, licensors, suppliers, successors and assigns from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, judgments, awards, losses, costs, expenses or fees (including but not limited to reasonable attorneys' fees) arising out of or relating to Licensee’s (or anyone acting on Licensee’s behalf, including, without limitation, service providers) (i) violation of this License Agreement, (ii) use of the Licensed Asset in violation of law, rules or regulations, or (iii) use of the Licensed Asset violation of third party rights where such violation is due to the modification of the Licensed Asset.
Limitation on Time to File Claims
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ANY CAUSE OF ACTION OR CLAIM YOU MAY HAVE ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE LICENSED ASSET OR THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT MUST BE COMMENCED WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES, OTHERWISE, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION OR CLAIM IS PERMANENTLY BARRED.
Choice of Law and Forum
All matters relating to Licensed Asset and the License Agreement and any dispute or claim arising therefrom or related thereto (in each case, including, without limitation, non-contractual disputes or claims), shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of California without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction). Any legal suit, action or proceeding arising out of, or related to, the Licensed Asset or this License Agreement shall be instituted exclusively in the federal courts of the United States or the courts of the State of California and County of San Francisco although we retain the right to bring any suit, action or proceeding against Licensee for breach of this License Agreement in Licensee’s country of residence or any other relevant country. Licensee waives any and all objections to the exercise of jurisdiction over Licensee by such courts and to venue in such courts to the maximum extent permitted by law.
AT BLYTHE GREEN LLC’S SOLE DISCRETION, EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY LAW, BLYTHE GREEN LLC MAY REQUIRE LICENSEE TO SUBMIT ANY DISPUTES ARISING FROM THE USE OF THE LICENSED ASSET AND THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION DISPUTES ARISING FROM OR CONCERNING THEIR INTERPRETATION, VIOLATION, INVALIDITY, NON PERFORMANCE, OR TERMINATION, TO FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION UNDER THE RULES OF ARBITRATION OF THE AMERICAN ARBITRATION ASSOCIATION APPLYING CALIFORNIA, USA LAW.
Waiver and Severability
No waiver of by BLYTHE GREEN LLC of any term or condition set forth in this License Agreement shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or condition or a waiver of any other term or condition, and any failure of BLYTHE GREEN LLC to assert a right or provision under this License Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
All notices required to be sent to BLYTHE GREEN LLC under this License Agreement should be sent via email to email@example.com. All notices to Licensee will be sent via email to the address provided by Licensee during account creation or purchase.
BLYTHE GREEN LLC may modify this License Agreement by posting an updated version on the BLYTHE GREEN LLC website. The then current version of the License Agreement posted at the time of purchase shall apply to purchases (even if the Licensed Asset is downloaded after the License Agreement is updated). Updated versions of the License Agreement shall not apply retroactively to prior purchases unless either (1) Licensee is notified of its option to apply the updated terms to prior purchases and expressly agrees (e.g., via clicking “Agree”) or (2) such modification (i) does not adversely affect any rights of Licensee and (ii) BLYTHE GREEN LLC notifies Licensee of the changes and that they will apply retroactively (e.g., via email to the address on file).
Unless the context requires otherwise, in any part of this License Agreement: (i) "including" (and any of its derivative forms, e.g. "includes"), "e.g." and "for example" means "including but not limited to" and (ii) use of the singular imports the plural and vice versa. This License Agreement shall not be interpreted against the drafting party.